Saturday, June 19, 2010

market pictures!

I basically go to the market at least once a day with my parents or aunt to buy food for the day. Since everything is super fresh and the market street is only one block away, it's become one of my favorite parts of the day. Plus there are so many food vendors that sell classic Vietnamese dishes I grew up with at ridiculously cheap prices (compared to American prices). For example, a bowl of pho: US = $7.50; Vietnam = $0.75 (20,000 dongs = $1 US); Vietnamese sub: US = $6; Vietnam = $0.45. You'd think that I could get fat while my stay here but we walk around so much, I'm pretty sure that I'm sweating off all those calories that I ate (speaking of sweat, my parents and I all have noticed that we seem to need to pee less here since we're evaporating water all the time).  Also, Vietnamese foods are in much smaller portions than American cuisine is - but we eat about 5 times a day here.  I am not complaining one bit. 




And below is a man driving his motorbike while carrying a ladder. I've seen crazier things on motorbikes but this is the only one I got on camera so far. I'll continue the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment